First of all, I would like to thank Just Plain Ol Vic for nominating me for this award. I am still very humbled when I get recognition from my fellow WordPress bloggers. I have found great inspiration through this blog. Vic writes about dealing with his wife’s mental illness. It’s touching, inspiring and filled with a great love. You should seriously check him out!
I also started this blog as a form of therapy for me, a way of getting the pain out somewhere. As I wrote I discovered a community of people, new friends and some great people. I’ve gotten some awesome advice and let out a lot of pain. It has been exactly what I needed. I don’t think of myself as a great inspiration though I have often hoped people would get something from my blog, maybe I have helped somehow even in just a tiny way.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Encouraging Thunder Award:
- Frozen Knight I know he is new to this but he had a great start and I hope he/she continues to write. They have a real gift for it.
- The Ark Because he makes me smile. His piece on mothers day cakes lately was reallyunique.
- Danica She just has a beautiful way with words. I’ve been sneaking oer and reading and hadn’t officially followed her till just recently. I love the stories, they are so well told so want a good read? Hope on over and visit her.
- Mini Alaskan Lots of poetry and some is very deep while some is just fun. Some cool article and it’s nice to just stretch the mind a bit.
- Dan Ledwith especially for his walking in the valley series. He tackles very real problems within the way Christians interpret walking with the wounded and broken. I am not Christian myself but I’m inspired and this series alone is worth nominating him. Warning he is a Christian pastor and if that type of material is offensive you should perhaps only read the prescribed series.
I am encouraged by those. All of them are very real, very personal. They tell a story in a blunt, raw and real manner. I admire these bloggers very much.
- Post it on your blog.
- Grant other bloggers the award.
What you cannot do:
- Abuse or misuse the logo.
- Claim that it is your own handmade logo.
What you should do after receiving the Encouraging Thunder Award:
- Enjoy the award!
- At least give thanks via comments, likes and/or mentioning the blog that you received the award from.
- Mention your purpose in blogging.
Again thank you again Vic who is far from just plain ol’ Vic for the nomination, I hope that my blog continues to help others and bring a light to mental illness. I want to put personal face on mental illness. The more personal faces the more people will see it’s not just me.