A blogger friend Miusho named me for this. She is real sweet and I’d suggest people check her out. It’s nice when blogger say nice things to and about one another. I truly appreciate her very kind nomination and words. I’m not sure if her nomination is for this one or the other so I accept both and will follow the rules of both.
The Real Neat Blog Award rules!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Thank you Miusho
Now your questions.
- WHAT is your favourite recipe? Foodwise pls. And healthy. (As in, not too much sugar and/or junk
Turkey Tortilla Soup I made this a weekend back and it’s become one of my favorite soups. The lady who runs this WP is pretty awesome too so go check her out and try this soup. If you like spicier than this use Habanero peppers.
2. What capital/country/city in this world we live in would be a MUST VISIT?
I still want to see the great wall of China and Australia. So it’s a toss up but if I only had six months to live, I’d quit working, quit college and go to these places.
3. What is your MOST favourite romantic love song? No sad heartbreakers, please.
I personally like All of nothing by Theory of a dead man. Not sure if it’s a love song or not. Most songs I like are heavy because I couldn’t hear most of my life and when I dance I still choose to be deaf since loud actually hurts my new ears. Slower song honorable mentions are Charles Bradley -Let love stand a chance and mine and Sarahs song is Honestly by Stryper.
4. Which one of the following would you prefer most: An amusement park, mini golf, a spa, a picnic, going to the club, A bycicle trip? IF you don’t like any of them, tell me what you DO like.
I love a picnic this was perfect.
5. Is there ANYthing you’d like to see me post about? (No, not my picture or too intimate questions. There are lines I do not cross, there are kids here, people!)
I love reading about challenges or handicaps people have and how they overcame them. I’d love to hear about a particular tough challenge in your life and how you over came it, I like calling those Triumph over Defeatism posts. Like me being deaf never stopped me even when I was told you’ll never do…. ____fill in the blanks___
6. Give me an idea for a drawing. I will try my best to properly draw it for you. Free of charge. (Pls, no huge projects, I have a life you know. :P)
We all have monsters (things that hold us back, remind us of failures, scare us) I found it helpful writing about mine (I can’t draw) maybe you could draw yours. Putting a face on our fears makes them easier to conquer.
7. What do you think I could still improve in my blog? Which part do you think sucks so bad ir makes you cringe?
I haven’t found any yet that make me Cringe though I think you’re a little light on the fabulous art work. You should promote you guys art more. It’s really nice and well done.
My seven questions hmmmm?
1. Tell me something about your heritage, the people you hail from?
2. What was the last lie you told?
3. What do you see as your greatest strength and greatest weakness?
4. What habit would you like to break or are proudest of breaking?
5. Who is your hero and why?
6. I believe we learn something new everyday. What was the last thing you learned and from who?
7. If I followed you home would you keep me?
I’d like to nominate the following bloggers for this award.
Dennis Cardiff because I love the work he is doing shining a light on homelessness here in America. He has a great heart and I love the work he’s doing.
Secret Angel because I love her uplifting messages and she supports broken girls like myself. She has been there herself and I must say her book is well worth reading!
Butch Country because I just like reading what he has to say.
Yayo because she has some great insight into dealing with illness and I just love the way she writes. She has beautiful poetry and I feel in love with her because of this post: The Grace of Illness Check her out she is worth the read and you’ll get hooked too.
Stephie also for uplifting messages, vulnerable posts. She lays it all out there. She is worth the read peeps.
The second award is:
The Versatile Blogger Award rules!
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Thank you again Miusho you have single handily tripled my blog awards. /smirk
Now to nominations of blogs I discovered recently who I love and read and follow.
Vic she just writes so well. Some of her poetry is not for kids but she has a nice style and a lovely tallent.
Charly Priest He is a soldier struggling with PTSD and alcohol. He is candid, transparent and vulnerable about his addiction. He will beat this and you should check him out and give him a little support too.
Beth She is positive, upbeat and has some awesome tips and information. Worth dropping by.
Darie She has some totally awesome recipes, and to top it off she is super sweet and very positive. Thanks for the soup.
Adopting James Because his stuff is well done, he has a huge heart and I know he’ll be an awesome daddy!
Gwen She is keeping it real. I love reading her stuff. Keep being you Gwen you are beautiful just the way you are!
Violet because her poetry is deep I can’t get enough of it.
Anne She talks openly about life, trials and god. She is about as real and opinionated as they come and I adore reading her site.
Shann Because he tackles hard issues like mental illness. She does so in an open and vulnerable position. She is about as open and honest as any I’ve read. Go give her some loving.
Jay Because he has some cool things to say.
Empty Prison Ministries He has made me think at times and he is doing some great work for god. I have often prayed for more people like him because the only way to change a life gone wrong is to change it with god. Check him out.
Jeff Moore Inspiration feed to your inbox daily. He is positive and has some really awesome things to say.
Aleshanti She’s cool, positive and all about healthy relationships. She isn’t as active writing and I am hoping this might help encourage her because she is really very good and an excellent person to boot.
Seven things about me.
1. I’m going back to school to become a Psychiatrist and I start classes this summer.
2. I hate being late!
3. I love comments on my blog both positive and constructive negative. Opposing view points and basically everything you want to say.
4. In case you hadn’t noticed I love to surf but this year I will be competing in the US deaf surfers competition and if I place in the top three I will go on to world deaf surfers competition!
5. I will also be competing in the Hawaii open surf and if I place will get a shot to compete in the world surfing competitions (not for the deaf)
6. My BF TJ is a huge echo friendly save the planet believer and I give him a hard time about it because I can. I love the debate and sometimes will take the oposite side just to debate. Pst.. He’s smarter than me.
7. I read lips in 3 languages, now with my ears speak over 5,000 words but can only identify about 1800 without partial lip reading. But I’m learning everyday.
8 An extra. Sometimes one post is all it takes to hook me as noted above.
Phew what a list to tackle!